Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Booty Call

Another last minute crazy trip to SF.


I had planned to take off a month then go back for another round of IVF. I even met with my doctor last week and he confirmed that was a good plan. He told me that although my reserve is low, my egg qulity is excellent, so if I have the money IVF would be a good next step (though still only a 16% chance of success).

Of course, I hadn’t talked to Baby Daddy about any of this, so I wrote to him to ask him if he was willing to freeze a sample for me for one more IVF. He suggested we try it “the natural way” for a month or two before I drop another $ 20k. Makes sense (though I don’t want to wait too long, as that clock is ticking like crazy). So I started to do the math and realized that I actually should be ovulating right about then. Took a test that night and low and behold it was positive, which meant ovulation within 24-36 hours. After a series of pee-stick mishaps the next morning, I tested again (still positive) and hopped on the next flight to SF.

Baby Daddy did say that he wanted to try it the “old-fashioned” natural way, meaning you-know-what. Hmmm. I have to admit I had mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, it does make things simpler, less “medical” and more, well, natural. On the other hand, sex just always complicates things and I don’t want this to be more complicated than it already is. Plus, there is a whole other can of worms relating to his personal life which, to protect his privacy, I won’t go into here. I will say that it was not a simple decision but ultimately I decided to go for it.

I wrote a whole paragraph on the details, but on second thought I am removing them. Needless to say, the deed is done and now I just have to wait and see if little Grumpy does his job and turns into a baby.

2 comments:

andrea said...

crossing my fingers....and toes for you!! Best of luck!

Jendo said...

Hoping you receive a BFP in two weeks!