Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Posting Things That Make Me Happy, to Help Ease the Pain of the Sadness

It's been a really tough week, so I thought I would take this opportunity to change things up a bit. Instead of the usual frustration/sadness/life's-not-fair bit,which I am apparently getting way too good at, I'm going to post some things that make me feel happy.





My sweet dog


My little dog makes me smile every day. He is the first thing I see when I wake up (usually because he is literally waking me up) and the last thing I see when I go to bed at night. He brings me comfort and joy every day and I am lucky to have him.







The Golden Gate Bridge
San Francisco is just one of those places that makes me happy. Period.  I have lived there several times during my life and have to say that the city makes me feel ALIVE.  The cool, crisp air, the clear blue skies, even the June gloom....it brings back nostalgia of my youth and makes me feel tingly and happy.

Mom's Chocolate Cake
 What can I say about my mom's chocolate cake? It makes me think of her.  That's all.

Dim Sum
 Oh how I love Dim Sum.  Those mean little ladies pushing those fantastic carts....the shrimp har gow, barbeque pork buns, hot jasmine tea and sesame balls....heaven.

Rick Springfield
My first real girlhood crush, which lasts to this day.  I got my BFN on Friday but Saturday night I rocked out to some of my favorite music from my favorite musician.  He makes me feel like I'm 13 again. How I love him for that.

Runyon Canyon
 Ah, hiking runyon canyon.  I love when my dog runs like the wind, then comes running back to me.  I love hiking on a cool, crisp day when I can actually get to the top and feel good.  I especially love to hike after a recent rain, when everything is green and moist and delicious.

The Mountains
 I love cold weather, especially snowy weather.  I love the cold fresh air of the mountains. And I especially love being there with a giant fuzzy dog to keep me warm and cozy.

Camp Towanda
I spent my childhood summers at this gorgeous camp in rural Pennsylvania.  The camp goes back in my family several generations and I feel a sense of happy nostalgia when I'm there. I can still smell the wood of the bunks, the dewy green grass and the morning buttered rolls. 


My favorite movie of all time. The movie that made me love movies. 
 
And that's about all the happiness I can take right now. 

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love this post. I just wish you didn't need a reminder of things that make you happy today.