Friday, October 22, 2010

Big Fat Negative

Well, 14 days waiting, 2 pregnancy tests down, and 1 result - negative.

I know, it would have been way too easy for me to get pregnant on the first try. But still.

I was supposed to wait until this morning to take the test - but as of last night I couldn't wait any longer, so I took the test right before bed and it was negative. Then I somehow convinced myself that results are not accurate unless taken today. Even the directions on the package said that if you are taking the test before your missed period, you should take it first thing in the morning. So, I went to bed and forced myself not to pee until I was able to get up, get dressed, feed and walk the dog, drive to Rite Aid, buy a test, and drive to work. Not fun! And of course, I got here, took the test and got the same result.

I am going to keep my head up, talk to my doctor (or more likely, his nurse) today and get ready to try again.

But there is only 1 vial of sperm left from APD, so this could be my last chance unless I am able to convince him to continue donating.

I'm going to have to get serious about taking out a loan.

But first I'm gonna drink a big fat cup of caffeinated tea. And maybe eat a candy bar or two.

No comments: