Friday, May 11, 2007

Careful What You Wish For


So I got a puppy.....he is the cutest thing.
Of course, he is a real handful.
I had a jack russell terrier several years back who was CRAZY. Like, seriously mentally disturbed. I loved him dearly but after he bit several people (one of whom sued me) and his doggie day-care people fired him/me, I had to give him away. You see, I am what they call a non-dominant dog owner. I am not good at reprimanding and setting rules. Dogs like jack russells need rules, and limits, and I was unable to give that to him.
So.....you see where this is going. This little cutie pie in the picture is a rescue dog, still a puppy, and boy does he need rules. You can't leave him alone for one second -- he chews everything, pees everywhere and generally causes havoc. I've had him for 9 days and haven't had one good night sleep since.
The rescue organization agrees that he should be in a house with other dogs.....currently my roommate has 3 dogs, but she leaves soon then it'll be just him......so I agreed to foster him until they can find him a more suitable owner.
Of course, when I had to drop him off at the adoption fair last Sunday for 4 hours I cried. I already love him to pieces.
They call him "Cary" -- I don't like that name, so I call him "Doggie". He's starting to answer to it.

No comments: