Friday, November 17, 2006

Celebrity (Non) Sightings

There's an irony about my cliched life here in LA, which is that although I live in the heart of Hollywood, I NEVER see famous people. Not because they are not around, I dare say, but because I just don't see them. Like the ketchup in the fridge staring at you which you just don't see. I know this because every time I have a friend visit me from out of town, the friend always sees famous people when we're out. At the grocery store -- oh, there's the english dr. from ER! At a restaurant -- look, it's Nicki Hilton! And so on and so forth. But when I'm alone, I'm in my own little world. I( try to be on the lookout but the truth is, as hard as I try to pay attention, I always end up paying more attention to finding the right brand of bagels or the perfect Lean Pocket. It's either ADD or just plain old food obsession.

The even stranger thing is, I am obsessed with celebrity gossip. Who isn't these days? But really, when I go onto the internet, I used to at least check out cnn.com to get an idea of any breaking headlines. Now? Now, I go to tmz.com. It's sick, really.

No comments: